Regarding install pgsql with JDBC support

Lists: pgsql-jdbc
From: "ravi kumar" <ravi_always1(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regarding install pgsql with JDBC support
Date: 2003-12-16 04:28:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,
Can u please tell me how to install PostgreSQL with JDBC support?

Thank you

Regards,
Ravi

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: ravi kumar <ravi_always1(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regarding install pgsql with JDBC support
Date: 2003-12-16 04:54:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 16 Dec 2003, ravi kumar wrote:

> Hi,
> Can u please tell me how to install PostgreSQL with JDBC support?

If building from source use the --with-java option to configure or simply
download a prebuilt binary from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

Kris Jurka

From: "John Sidney-Woollett" <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com>
To: "ravi kumar" <ravi_always1(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2003-12-16 08:09:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

You just need to either build the JDBC driver, or get hold of one.

If you are building from source then you need to have ANT and a Java VM
installed. You also need to set environment variables ANT_HOME, JAVA_HOME,
and place the $ANT_HOME/bin path into the system path.

Then run

./configure --with-java

this will cause the JDBC driver to be built for you. If there are any
problems with the environment variable, you will see error messages. Keep
adjusting the variables, and then re-run the ./configure --with-java
command until it works.

See this document:
http://www.postgres.org/docs/current/interactive/installation.html

If you're using an RPM the driver may already be built. It is called
postgresql.jar and normally resides in:

/usr/local/pgsql/share/java/postgresql.jar

Good luck!

John