Re: Wierd MD5-authentication crash on Solaris 8

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Wierd MD5-authentication crash on Solaris 8
Date: 2003-12-04 19:10:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Severity: Core dump
Frequency: Unusual
PostgreSQL Version: 7.4.0 release
Platform:
Solaris 8
gmake 3.80
gcc 3.23
440mhz UltraSparc III
Netra T1/105
Reproducability: 100% on this machine and an identical one.
Not yet tested on other machines running Solaris 8.
who has no password triggers a core dump of Postmaster.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) set localhost authentication to MD5
2) set up a new user without setting a password.
3) attempt to connect as that user.

Core dump file is available. Strace can also be done if desired.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

> who has no password triggers a core dump of Postmaster.
[...]
> Core dump file is available.

Can you post a stacktrace? (Building the postmaster with debugging
symbols first would be nice.)

-Neil

> Can you post a stacktrace? (Building the postmaster with debugging
> symbols first would be nice.)

I'll see what I can do. A regular strace should be easy.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions