Re: Open items

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Open items
Date: 2003-10-28 02:38:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We only have a few open items left. Can we finish them so we can move
toward final release?

P O S T G R E S Q L

7 . 4 O P E N I T E M S

Current at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Changes
-------
Allow superuser (dba?) the ability to turn off foreign key checks/all
constraints/triggers, not settable from postgresql.conf?
Move ANALYZE before foreign key creation?
Rename dump GUC variable to be more generic
Document new --describe-config postgres option
Have gcc use -g, add --disable-debug, rename?

Documentation Changes
---------------------

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Changes
> -------
> Allow superuser (dba?) the ability to turn off foreign key checks/all
> constraints/triggers, not settable from postgresql.conf?

feature, not bug fix, no?

> On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Changes
> > -------
> > Allow superuser (dba?) the ability to turn off foreign key checks/all
> > constraints/triggers, not settable from postgresql.conf?
>
> feature, not bug fix, no?

It became important when everyone realized that 7.4 would be first major
upgrade with full foreign key checking --- prior to that we did CREATE
CONSTRAINT TRIGGER that didn't check data. Basically, that's how it got
on the open item list.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us