Re: Problem: unable to uninstall CYGWIN-IPC DAEMON after uninstalling PostgreSQL

Lists: pgsql-cygwin
From: anilkumar(at)kiet(dot)edu
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem: unable to uninstall CYGWIN-IPC DAEMON after uninstalling PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-10-21 07:08:40
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

hello,
thanks for giving attention to my problem

i am using windows 2000.

Problem is as follows:-

My team perform the following steps
1) installed a unix emulator "Cygwin"
2) installed PostgreSQL
3) uninstalled PostgreSQl
4) uninstalled Cygwin
after doing the above steps we found that the service entitled "CYGWIN-IPC
DAEMON" is not uninstalled.

Instead of doing the above 4 steps if we install only Cygwin and later on
uninstall it without installing PostgreSQL then the service "CYGWIN-IPC
DAEMON" is properly uninstalled.

But when we tried uninstalling the Cygwin, after first installing
PostgreSql then uninstalling it, then we didn't get the service
uninstalled.

Please tell me the solution or the write way to do the task

Anil Kumar
India

mail me at:- anilkumar(at)kiet(dot)edu

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 12:38:40PM +0530, anilkumar(at)kiet(dot)edu wrote:
> My team perform the following steps
> 1) installed a unix emulator "Cygwin"
> 2) installed PostgreSQL
> 3) uninstalled PostgreSQl
> 4) uninstalled Cygwin
> after doing the above steps we found that the service entitled "CYGWIN-IPC
> DAEMON" is not uninstalled.
>
> [snip]
>
> Please tell me the solution or the write way to do the task

Add the following to the above:

3.5) ipc-daemon2 --remove-as-service

Jason

Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6