Re: Compiling cvs code with Cygwin problems

Lists: pgsql-cygwin
From: Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot) <fxjrlists(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Compiling cvs code with Cygwin problems
Date: 2003-04-27 14:03:49
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi all,

I tried to compile 7.4 from cvs and I got some problems:

The first is the <port/win32defs.h> not found. I couldn't find it anywhere!
Where can I find it??

So I commented it out from the header and it started to compile.

Later I got linking problems in the ecpg with a lot of unresolved references.
I could get ride of some of them by including some .o from pgtypeslib dir in
the OBJS of Makefile, but it still gives me this error:

================
make -C ecpglib all
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/voidmain/PostgresqlCVS/pgsql/src/interfaces/e
cpgold/ecpglib'
dlltool --export-all --output-def ecpg.def execute.o typename.o descriptor.o
dat
a.o error.o prepare.o memory.o connect.o misc.o ../pgtypeslib/numeric.o
../pgtyp
eslib/datetime.o ../pgtypeslib/dt_common.o ../pgtypeslib/interval.o
../pgtypesli
b/timestamp.o ../pgtypeslib/common.o
dllwrap -o ecpg.dll --dllname ecpg.dll --def ecpg.def execute.o typename.o
descr
iptor.o data.o error.o prepare.o memory.o connect.o misc.o
../pgtypeslib/numeric
.o ../pgtypeslib/datetime.o ../pgtypeslib/dt_common.o ../pgtypeslib/interval.o
.
./pgtypeslib/timestamp.o ../pgtypeslib/common.o ../../../../src/utils/dllinit.o
-L../../../../src/port -L/usr/local/lib -L../../../../src/interfaces/libpq -lpq

descriptor.o(.text+0x102):descriptor.c: undefined reference to `__imp__sqlca'
descriptor.o(.text+0x7c6):descriptor.c: undefined reference to `__imp__sqlca'
data.o(.text+0x3ce):data.c: undefined reference to `__imp__sqlca'
data.o(.text+0x70c):data.c: undefined reference to `__imp__sqlca'
error.o(.text+0x596):error.c: undefined reference to `__imp__sqlca'
error.o(.text+0x606):error.c: more undefined references to `__imp__sqlca'
follow

connect.o(.text+0xaed):connect.c: undefined reference to `_ecpg_compat_mode'
misc.o(.text+0x1a):misc.c: undefined reference to `__imp__sqlca'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1

===========================

Ok, I removed this folder thinking that as it is an interface for embedding sql
in C, I won't use it for now. And it continued to compile...

Until the following line:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/voidmain/PostgresqlCVS/pgsql/src/bin'
make -C pl all
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/voidmain/PostgresqlCVS/pgsql/src/pl'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/voidmain/PostgresqlCVS/pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql'
make -C src all
make[4]: Entering directory
`/home/voidmain/PostgresqlCVS/pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql/s
rc'
bison -y -d gram.y
NONE:0: /usr/bin/m4: ERROR: EOF in string
sed -e 's/yy/plpgsql_yy/g' -e 's/YY/PLPGSQL_YY/g' < y.tab.c > ./pl_gram.c
cannot open y.tab.c: no such file
make[4]: *** [pl.tab.h] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/voidmain/PostgresqlCVS/pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql/sr
c'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/voidmain/PostgresqlCVS/pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/voidmain/PostgresqlCVS/pgsql/src/pl'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/voidmain/PostgresqlCVS/pgsql/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I know this is cvs code and it is subjected to this type of problems.
I'd like to know if this is the case or it may be some problem of cygwin or my
setup here.

My setup:

Cygwin version(from setup.ini)
setup-timestamp: 1051174213
setup-version: 2.340.2.5

GCC:
gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020927 (prerelease)

Windows 2k sp3

Thanks in advance.

=====
Regards,
Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
---
- Indira Gandhi

Yahoo! Mail
O melhor e-mail gratuito da internet: 6MB de espaço, antivírus, acesso POP3, filtro contra spam.
http://br.mail.yahoo.com/