Re: configuring postgresql on the browser

Lists: pgsql-novice
From: Don Patou <pknoob(at)noos(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: configuring postgresql on the browser
Date: 2003-04-04 21:18:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm trying to get pgsql to work on my browser but I can't connect. It works
great on the shell and the psql webmin module works great but when it comes
to phppgadmin or connecting my php application I get a :

"Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: IDENT
authentication failed for user "joe""
do i need to add a new user such as localhost or something? I don't why my
webmin module is working while my phppgadmin is not.

this is what's on my pg_hba.conf file maybe there's something wrong with it:

local all all ident
sameu\
ser
host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 ident
sameu\
ser
host all all 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 reject
\

thanx in advance