COPY as non super user

Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-hackers
From: Jaume Teixi <teixi(at)rocacorbit(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: COPY as non super user
Date: 2003-01-31 10:13:04
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

how should I use " COPY arti FROM 'ARTI.txt' USING DELIMITERS '|' " as normal user ?

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Jaume Teixi <teixi(at)rocacorbit(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY as non super user
Date: 2003-02-01 06:44:53
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:13:04 +0100,
Jaume Teixi <teixi(at)rocacorbit(dot)com> wrote:
> how should I use " COPY arti FROM 'ARTI.txt' USING DELIMITERS '|' " as normal user ?

If you are using psql, use the \copy command.

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jaume Teixi <teixi(at)rocacorbit(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] COPY as non super user
Date: 2003-02-02 12:24:50
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

You can't because the backend opens that file as the super-user. You
can use \copy in psql as an normal user, though.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us