PQnotifies() in 7.3 broken?

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PQnotifies() in 7.3 broken?
Date: 2002-12-04 09:33:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks to Rod Taylor's kind help in donating a system account, I've been
able to test libpqxx against postgres 7.3. Unfortunately, I'm running
into several problems. One thing that broke libpqxx was a change in
cursor behaviour that according to Sigurdur Gunnlaugsson seems to be
gone in the 7.4 development tree. But I'm hitting other snags as well.

When receiving a trigger notification under 7.3, the structure returned
by PQnotifies() appears to be bogus. In a test I ran, its be_pid was
consistently zero and its relname pointed into never-neverland.

Has anyone else come across this?

Jeroen