Re: Open 7.3 items

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Open 7.3 items
Date: 2002-07-31 03:50:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here are the open items for 7.3. We have one more month to address them
before beta.

P O S T G R E S Q L

7 . 3 O P E N I T E M S

Current at ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Source Code Changes
-------------------
Socket permissions - only install user can access db by default
unix_socket_permissions in postgresql.conf
NAMEDATALEN - disk/performance penalty for increase, 64, 128?
FUNC_MAX_ARGS - disk/performance penalty for increase, 24, 32?
Point-in-time recovery - ready for 7.3?
Allow easy display of usernames in a group (pg_hba.conf uses groups now)
Reindex/btree shrinkage - does reindex need work, can btree be shrunk?
DROP COLUMN - ready?
CLUSTER - ready?
display locks - ready?
Win32 - timefame?
Prepared statements - ready?
Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
Dependency - pg_dump auto-create dependencies for 7.2.X data?
glibc and mktime() - fix?
Functions Returning Sets - done?
ecpg and bison issues - solved?

Documentation Changes

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

> Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?

With schemas, how about settings for automatically creating a schema for a
user when you create the user, etc.

Chris