MAX Query length

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Ansley, Michael" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MAX Query length
Date: 1999-07-14 07:48:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Trawling through the code last night I noticed that:
#define MAX_QUERY_SIZE (BLCKSZ * 2)

Is there any conceivable reason why the query length would be dependent on
the block size? Or do I just have old source code?

MikeA

> Trawling through the code last night I noticed that:
> #define MAX_QUERY_SIZE (BLCKSZ * 2)
>
> Is there any conceivable reason why the query length would be dependent on
> the block size? Or do I just have old source code?

No great reason, but is seems like a good maximum. This controls the
buffer size on the client and server. Do you need it larger?