Who is everyone?

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Subject: Who is everyone?
Date: 1998-02-20 03:47:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have been working with many of you for over a hear, and would like to
know more details about you.

I am 36, and live with my wife of eight years and two boys in a house
just outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My boys are 5 and 2 1/2. I
am a consultant who programs custom reports and applications for law
firms around the country. My boss and other seven other employees work
in an office 10 minutes from here, but I work from my house almost all
the time. Perhaps twice a month, I go downtown to Philadelphia to work
for the day at the law firms. I have done this same work for the past
eight years. I have a BSDI Unix machine in my basement, and dumb
terminals on the first and second floors. My office is in the basement.

Can others tell us about themselves?

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have been working with many of you for over a hear, and would like to
> know more details about you.
>
> I am 36, and live with my wife of eight years and two boys in a house
> just outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My boys are 5 and 2 1/2. I
> am a consultant who programs custom reports and applications for law
> firms around the country. My boss and other seven other employees work
> in an office 10 minutes from here, but I work from my house almost all
> the time. Perhaps twice a month, I go downtown to Philadelphia to work
> for the day at the law firms. I have done this same work for the past
> eight years. I have a BSDI Unix machine in my basement, and dumb
> terminals on the first and second floors. My office is in the basement.
>
> Can others tell us about themselves?

I am 29, and live alone in a two bedroom apartment in Wolfville, Nova
Scotia, Canada. I work as Systems Administrator at Acadia University for
the "steady paycheck", and do contract programming and web hosting for the
"real money".

I run FreeBSD sitting in front of my TV so that I don't have to miss any
of the good shows (what few are left), and have 220watt speakers hanging
off of it as my "stereo system" so that I have good sound.

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org