May Commitfest is done!

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: May Commitfest is done!
Date: 2008-05-21 18:07:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Per discussion of various hackers at PGCon, the May commitfest is
finished. The remaining patches on the queue are Heikki's map-forks
patch, which was WIP not intended to be committed now; and Merlin
and Andrew's libpq hooks patch, which is still in flux and not
ready to commit now.

So ... back to your regularly scheduled development.

regards, tom lane

> Per discussion of various hackers at PGCon, the May commitfest is
> finished. The remaining patches on the queue are Heikki's map-forks
> patch, which was WIP not intended to be committed now; and Merlin
> and Andrew's libpq hooks patch, which is still in flux and not
> ready to commit now.
>
> So ... back to your regularly scheduled development.

Is there a tag in the CVS to mark this point, or better still a tarball
that people like me can check out and play with over the next month or two?

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 22:04 +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:

> > So ... back to your regularly scheduled development.
>
> Is there a tag in the CVS to mark this point, or better still a tarball
> that people like me can check out and play with over the next month or two?

That's an interesting idea. A "milestone" release. This would be
PostgreSQL 8.4 Milestone 2. Interesting advocacy and testing
implications.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake