Re: pg_dump privileges

Lists: pgsql-admin
From: Mark Lubratt <mark(dot)lubratt(at)indeq(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump privileges
Date: 2004-02-03 13:54:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I'll get right to the point.

I'd like to create a user for my pg_dump backup process. I'd like that
user to have only the privileges required to run pg_dump. I have a
language, a function and sequences, views and tables in my schema.
What privileges are needed for pg_dump to run in addition to USAGE (for
the language), EXECUTE (for the function) and SELECT (tables, views and
sequences)?

Thanks!
Mark