Re: Status of submitted bugs

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: Giorgio Valoti <giorgio_v(at)me(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Status of submitted bugs
Date: 2010-01-28 15:34:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,
months ago I’ve submitted a bug (#4953). Is there a way to know its
status and if it will be fixed?

Thank you in advance

--
Giorgio Valoti

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Giorgio Valoti <giorgio_v(at)me(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Status of submitted bugs
Date: 2010-01-28 16:28:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Giorgio Valoti <giorgio_v(at)me(dot)com> writes:
> months ago Ive submitted a bug (#4953). Is there a way to know its
> status and if it will be fixed?

[ looks up 4953... ] Oh, the contrib/xml2 memory management mess :-(.
Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix for that. That code is on its
way out anyway, and so nobody seems to be willing to put in the amount
of effort that would be needed to fix it. I'd recommend migrating to
the core XML support instead.

regards, tom lane

Il giorno 28/gen/10, alle ore 17:28, Tom Lane ha scritto:

> Giorgio Valoti <giorgio_v(at)me(dot)com> writes:
>> months ago I’ve submitted a bug (#4953). Is there a way to know its
>> status and if it will be fixed?
>
> [ looks up 4953... ] Oh, the contrib/xml2 memory management mess :-(.
> Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix for that. That code is on
> its
> way out anyway, and so nobody seems to be willing to put in the amount
> of effort that would be needed to fix it. I'd recommend migrating to
> the core XML support instead.

Ok, sorry for the silly question but is the xml core support
comparable to contrib/xml2? Is it already there in 8.4 or is scheduled
for 8.5?

Thank you in advance!

Ciao
--
Giorgio Valoti

> Il giorno 28/gen/10, alle ore 17:28, Tom Lane ha scritto:
>
> > Giorgio Valoti <giorgio_v(at)me(dot)com> writes:
> >> months ago I?ve submitted a bug (#4953). Is there a way to know its
> >> status and if it will be fixed?
> >
> > [ looks up 4953... ] Oh, the contrib/xml2 memory management mess :-(.
> > Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix for that. That code is on
> > its
> > way out anyway, and so nobody seems to be willing to put in the amount
> > of effort that would be needed to fix it. I'd recommend migrating to
> > the core XML support instead.
>
> Ok, sorry for the silly question but is the xml core support
> comparable to contrib/xml2? Is it already there in 8.4 or is scheduled
> for 8.5?

It is in 8.4 and is superior to what was supported in contrib/xml2.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 18:15 +0100, Giorgio Valoti wrote:
> Ok, sorry for the silly question but is the xml core support
> comparable to contrib/xml2? Is it already there in 8.4 or is scheduled
> for 8.5?

It's available in 8.3 and later. The documentation can be found here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/datatype-xml.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/functions-xml.html

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Il giorno 28/gen/10, alle ore 18:32, Bruce Momjian ha scritto:

> Giorgio Valoti wrote:

>>> [ looks up 4953... ] Oh, the contrib/xml2 memory management
>>> mess :-(.
>>> Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix for that. That code is on
>>> its
>>> way out anyway, and so nobody seems to be willing to put in the
>>> amount
>>> of effort that would be needed to fix it. I'd recommend migrating
>>> the core XML support instead.
>>
>> Ok, sorry for the silly question but is the xml core support
>> comparable to contrib/xml2? Is it already there in 8.4 or is
>> scheduled
>> for 8.5?
>
> It is in 8.4 and is superior to what was supported in contrib/xml2.

I don’t see the xslt_process function. Should I process xml outside
PostgreSQL? Not a big problem but I chose contrib/xml2 for xslt
processing, too.

Thank you
--
Giorgio Valoti