Re: obsolete code

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: obsolete code
Date: 2013-02-01 13:44:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

fmgr.c contains this:

/*
* !!! OLD INTERFACE !!!
*
* fmgr() is the only remaining vestige of the old-style caller support
* functions. It's no longer used anywhere in the Postgres
distribution,
* but we should leave it around for a release or two to ease the
transition
* for user-supplied C functions. OidFunctionCallN() replaces it
for new
* code.
*
* DEPRECATED, DO NOT USE IN NEW CODE
*/

which git tells me dates from:

48165ec2 ( Tom Lane 2000-06-05 07:29:25 +0000 2080)

Should we just drop all support for the old interface now?

cheers

andrew