Re: Japanies translation breaks solaris build

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Japanies translation breaks solaris build
Date: 2010-05-14 06:58:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=comet_moth&dt=2010-05-13%2021:06:01

msgfmt -o po/ja.mo po/ja.po
WARNING: the string after closing " is ignored at line number 11.
Error, No space after directive at line number 2008.
ERROR: Exiting...
gmake[2]: *** [po/ja.mo] Error 2

The problem is that it contains mix of DOS/Unix end of lines.

Zdenek

Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM> wrote:

> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=comet_moth&dt=2010-05-13%2021:06:01
> The problem is that it contains mix of DOS/Unix end of lines.

I removed two CRs in ja.po.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center

Takahiro Itagaki píše v pá 14. 05. 2010 v 19:38 +0900:
> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM> wrote:
>
> > http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=comet_moth&dt=2010-05-13%2021:06:01
> > The problem is that it contains mix of DOS/Unix end of lines.
>
> I removed two CRs in ja.po.

Thanks. Gothic moth is green again

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=gothic_moth&br=HEAD

The rest solaris machine will recover during a night.

Zdenek

On fre, 2010-05-14 at 15:04 +0200, Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Takahiro Itagaki píše v pá 14. 05. 2010 v 19:38 +0900:
> > Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM> wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=comet_moth&dt=2010-05-13%2021:06:01
> > > The problem is that it contains mix of DOS/Unix end of lines.
> >
> > I removed two CRs in ja.po.
>
> Thanks. Gothic moth is green again
>
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=gothic_moth&br=HEAD
>
> The rest solaris machine will recover during a night.

I have added a check to the admin scripts to prevent this in the future.

> On fre, 2010-05-14 at 15:04 +0200, Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>>> The problem is that it contains mix of DOS/Unix end of lines.

> I have added a check to the admin scripts to prevent this in the future.

I wonder if we shouldn't be trying to prevent this at the CVS-checkin
level. We've had problems with people committing DOS-ish newlines
many times before.

regards, tom lane