Re: Disable foreign key constraints

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Disable foreign key constraints
Date: 2002-08-01 18:45:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Do we have any way to disable foreign key constraints? If not, I would
like to add it to TODO. I was asked for this feature several times at
O'Reilly.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Disable foreign key constraints
Date: 2002-08-01 19:19:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Do we have any way to disable foreign key constraints?

You can drop and re-add the constraint relatively painlessly in 7.3.
Formerly it took hacking on pg_trigger.

regards, tom lane

> > Do we have any way to disable foreign key constraints?
>
> You can drop and re-add the constraint relatively painlessly in 7.3.
> Formerly it took hacking on pg_trigger.

OK, let's see if it comes up after 7.3.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us