Re: Slightly overenthusiastic redirect, or, where's the docs build log?

Lists: pgsql-www
From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Slightly overenthusiastic redirect, or, where's the docs build log?
Date: 2011-12-09 16:56:43
Lists: pgsql-www

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/buildlog.html
now redirects to the docs themselves. While this is possibly not
worth fixing, I'd sure like to know where the build log is now.

regards, tom lane

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Date: 2011-12-11 14:16:25
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 17:56, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/buildlog.html
> now redirects to the docs themselves.  While this is possibly not
> worth fixing, I'd sure like to know where the build log is now.

It's on the buildfarm animal guaibasaurus. So for example
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=2011-12-11%2000%3A03%3A01&stg=make-doc

I haven't figured out if there is a way to make a link to "stage
make-doc on the latest repotr on this buildfarm animal" - the one
above is just the one that happened to be the latest one when I
checked it. Andrew - can that be done?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

On 12/11/2011 09:16 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 17:56, Tom Lane<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/buildlog.html
>> now redirects to the docs themselves. While this is possibly not
>> worth fixing, I'd sure like to know where the build log is now.
> It's on the buildfarm animal guaibasaurus. So for example
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=2011-12-11%2000%3A03%3A01&stg=make-doc
>
> I haven't figured out if there is a way to make a link to "stage
> make-doc on the latest repotr on this buildfarm animal" - the one
> above is just the one that happened to be the latest one when I
> checked it. Andrew - can that be done?

It can now :-)

I added in a gadget to let you specify "latest" as the snapshot:
<http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=latest&stg=make-doc>

This defaults to the latest on HEAD where there is a log with the
specified name, but for completeness you can also specify a branch name
with the "branch" query param. For the sake of efficiency it doesn't
search back more than 30 days, but that should be way more than enough.

Note that this selects the latest log for the stage whether or not it
was a success, so it might not correspond to what's on developer docs,
as that should never get an unsuccessful build. But that's probably what
you want anyway :-)

cheers

andrew

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 17:28, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:

> On 12/11/2011 09:16 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 17:56, Tom Lane<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>  wrote:
>>>
>>> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/buildlog.html
>>> now redirects to the docs themselves.  While this is possibly not
>>> worth fixing, I'd sure like to know where the build log is now.
>>
>> It's on the buildfarm animal guaibasaurus. So for example
>>
>> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=2011-12-11%2000%3A03%3A01&stg=make-doc
>>
>> I haven't figured out if there is a way to make a link to "stage
>> make-doc on the latest repotr on this buildfarm animal" - the one
>> above is just the one that happened to be the latest one when I
>> checked it. Andrew - can that be done?
>>

> It can now :-)

Great ,thanks!

> I added in a gadget to let you specify "latest" as the snapshot:
> <http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=latest&stg=make-doc>

Ok, i've added a link to the website under developers again.

> This defaults to the latest on HEAD where there is a log with the specified
> name, but for completeness you can also specify a branch name with the
> "branch" query param. For the sake of efficiency it doesn't search back more
> than 30 days, but that should be way more than enough.
>
> Note that this selects the latest log for the stage whether or not it was a
> success, so it might not correspond to what's on developer docs, as that
> should never get an unsuccessful build. But that's probably what you want
> anyway :-)

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's what we want.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 17:28, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> On 12/11/2011 09:16 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> I haven't figured out if there is a way to make a link to "stage
>>> make-doc on the latest repotr on this buildfarm animal" - the one
>>> above is just the one that happened to be the latest one when I
>>> checked it. Andrew - can that be done?

>> It can now :-)
>> I added in a gadget to let you specify "latest" as the snapshot:
>> <http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=latest&stg=make-doc>

Thanks guys!

> Ok, i've added a link to the website under developers again.

I've got the above link bookmarked, so I'm happy, but just out of
curiosity where did you put that link? I couldn't spot it on the
website.

>> Note that this selects the latest log for the stage whether or not it was a
>> success, so it might not correspond to what's on developer docs, as that
>> should never get an unsuccessful build. But that's probably what you want
>> anyway :-)

> Yes, I'm pretty sure that's what we want.

+1. The only case where you'd care about this is when the docs build
is failing.

regards, tom lane

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 19:28, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

>>> It can now :-)
>>> I added in a gadget to let you specify "latest" as the snapshot:
>>> <http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=latest&stg=make-doc>
>
> Thanks guys!
>
>> Ok, i've added a link to the website under developers again.
>
> I've got the above link bookmarked, so I'm happy, but just out of
> curiosity where did you put that link?  I couldn't spot it on the
> website.

developer/testing.

Though it hadn't updated on the website wheN I checked a minute ago. I
may have forgotten to push or something :-)