Re: FOR KEY LOCK foreign keys

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <noah(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>,<alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FOR KEY LOCK foreign keys
Date: 2011-07-16 18:03:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Noah Misch wrote:

> With this patch in its final form, I have completed 180+ suite runs
> without a failure.

The attached patch allows the tests to pass when
default_transaction_isolation is stricter than 'read committed'.
This is a slight change from the previously posted version of the
files (because of a change in the order of statements, based on the
timeouts), and in patch form this time.

Since `make installcheck-world` works at all isolation level
defaults, as do all previously included isolation tests, it seems
like a good idea to keep this up. It will simplify my testing of SSI
changes, anyway.

-Kevin

Attachment Content-Type Size
fklocks-tests-strict-isolation.patch application/octet-stream 11.3 KB

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 01:03:31PM -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Noah Misch wrote:
>
> > With this patch in its final form, I have completed 180+ suite runs
> > without a failure.
>
> The attached patch allows the tests to pass when
> default_transaction_isolation is stricter than 'read committed'.
> This is a slight change from the previously posted version of the
> files (because of a change in the order of statements, based on the
> timeouts), and in patch form this time.
>
> Since `make installcheck-world` works at all isolation level
> defaults, as do all previously included isolation tests, it seems
> like a good idea to keep this up. It will simplify my testing of SSI
> changes, anyway.

This does seem sensible. Thanks.

--
Noah Misch http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/