ON COMMIT action not catalogued?

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ON COMMIT action not catalogued?
Date: 2011-07-15 04:46:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(Going through some loose ends in the information schema ...)

Is my understanding right that the ON COMMIT action of temporary tables
is not recorded in the system catalogs anywhere? Would make sense,
wouldn't be a big problem, just want to make sure I didn't miss
anything.

> (Going through some loose ends in the information schema ...)
> Is my understanding right that the ON COMMIT action of temporary tables
> is not recorded in the system catalogs anywhere? Would make sense,
> wouldn't be a big problem, just want to make sure I didn't miss
> anything.

Yes, it's just remembered in local state within the owning backend.

regards, tom lane