9.0 driver status

Lists: pgsql-odbc
From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-odbc <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 9.0 driver status
Date: 2010-09-21 11:22:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

Will you release a separate driver for 9.0, or does 08.04.2000 work
against 9.0, too?

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org
http://www.gunduz.org Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-odbc <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.0 driver status
Date: 2010-09-29 17:30:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 14:22 +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> Will you release a separate driver for 9.0, or does 08.04.2000 work
> against 9.0, too?

Anyone?

From: Adam M <gnuman1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-odbc <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2010-09-30 16:57:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

2010/9/29 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>:
>> Will you release a separate driver for 9.0, or does 08.04.2000 work
>> against 9.0, too?
>
> Anyone?

I haven't used PostgreSQL ODBC driver for some time, but the driver is
not specific to a particular version of PostgreSQL. The driver version
simply follows PostgreSQL versioning, so next release should be 9.0
not because it is specific to that version of Postgres, but by
convention.

ODBC versioning tells you approximate timeline of its release vs.
server's release. Otherwise it is an "independent project".

- Adam

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 11:57 -0500, Adam M wrote:

> I haven't used PostgreSQL ODBC driver for some time, but the driver is
> not specific to a particular version of PostgreSQL. The driver version
> simply follows PostgreSQL versioning, so next release should be 9.0
> not because it is specific to that version of Postgres, but by
> convention.

I got at least 2 reports that 8.4 driver does not work against 9.0 (Yes,
all 9.0 drivers suffer from compabilility)

(2010/10/07 21:47), Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 11:57 -0500, Adam M wrote:
>>
>> I haven't used PostgreSQL ODBC driver for some time, but the driver is
>> not specific to a particular version of PostgreSQL. The driver version
>> simply follows PostgreSQL versioning, so next release should be 9.0
>> not because it is specific to that version of Postgres, but by
>> convention.
>
> I got at least 2 reports that 8.4 driver does not work against 9.0 (Yes,
> all 9.0 drivers suffer from compabilility)

We are planning to release 9.0.1 soon though I'm not sure
when it would be.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue