Re: BUG #5558: Problema com Bytea (BRASIL)

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "Rafael Almeida" <rafael(at)rafaeldeveloper(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5558: Problema com Bytea (BRASIL)
Date: 2010-07-13 02:11:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5558
Logged by: Rafael Almeida
Email address: rafael(at)rafaeldeveloper(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

Ae friends I am Brazilian,
Well I've been testing the new 9.0 version of postgresql I detected a bug,
or has changed the structure of the field bitea and not placed in the
documentation, I am a programmer in C # version 8.4 can save the image in
bytea field and recover normal. now in version 9.0 record, plus the return
is different or works in 8.4 and 9.0 in the bug.

On tis, 2010-07-13 at 02:11 +0000, Rafael Almeida wrote:

> Bug reference: 5558
> Logged by: Rafael Almeida
> Email address: rafael(at)rafaeldeveloper(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0
> Operating system: Windows XP
> Details:
>
> Ae friends I am Brazilian,
> Well I've been testing the new 9.0 version of postgresql I detected a bug,
> or has changed the structure of the field bitea and not placed in the
> documentation, I am a programmer in C # version 8.4 can save the image in
> bytea field and recover normal. now in version 9.0 record, plus the return
> is different or works in 8.4 and 9.0 in the bug.

The bytea output format was changed in 9.0. You may want to check if
there is an update of your C# driver available that handles it.

If not, use the parameter bytea_output_format to switch it back.