Re: BUG #5447: VPATH install postgres.bki

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "Graham" <lists(at)information-cascade(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5447: VPATH install postgres.bki
Date: 2010-05-03 20:49:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5447
Logged by: Graham
Email address: lists(at)information-cascade(dot)co(dot)uk
PostgreSQL version: 9.0beta1
Operating system: linux
Details:

Build with VPATH works well upto installing
postgresql-9.0beta1/src/backend/catalog/postgres.bki
which is in the source tree not the object tree

/bin/sh /tools/2000_src/pgsql/postgresql-9.0beta1/config/install-sh -c -m
644 postgres.bki '/tools/2000/pgsql/share/postgres.bki'
/tools/2000_src/pgsql/postgresql-9.0beta1/config/install-sh: postgres.bki
does not exist.
make[3]: *** [install-data] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/media/hda9/tools/2000_obj/pgsql/postgresql-9.0beta1/src/backend/catalog'
make[2]: *** [install] Error 2

> Email address: lists(at)information-cascade(dot)co(dot)uk
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0beta1
> Operating system: linux
> Details:
>
> Build with VPATH works well upto installing
> postgresql-9.0beta1/src/backend/catalog/postgres.bki
> which is in the source tree not the object tree

I'm going to ask a stupid question:

"VPATH" ? What do you mean?

Also: You've omitted some key details, such as the command line(s) you
ran leading up to this error, the exact OS and distro version, your
version of gcc and make, etc.

--
Craig Ringer