installing pljava on windows xp

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Pouria <pourias(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: installing pljava on windows xp
Date: 2007-06-28 17:14:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

When I try to install pljava 1.3 on postgresql 8.2 (or 8.1) I get an
error stating that it cannot load pljava.dll from a location
specificed in the config file (while the dll is clearly there). I have
followed the postgredql and pljava manual installation instructions
exactly with no luck.

This error is listed as fixed on the pljava wiki, yet i'm still
experiencing it.

Any ideas?
Pouria

> When I try to install pljava 1.3 on postgresql 8.2 (or 8.1) I get an
> error stating that it cannot load pljava.dll from a location
> specificed in the config file (while the dll is clearly there). I have
> followed the postgredql and pljava manual installation instructions
> exactly with no luck.
>
> This error is listed as fixed on the pljava wiki, yet i'm still
> experiencing it.
>
> Any ideas?

Most likely it's a missing dependency. Try using the depends tool (from
the windows support tools) to find out why it's failing.

//Magnus