Enable integer datetimes by default

Lists: pgsql-patches
From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Enable integer datetimes by default
Date: 2007-05-06 03:28:06
Lists: pgsql-patches

Attached is a patch that enables integer datetimes by default, per
recent discussion on -hackers. It makes "--enable-integer-datetimes" the
default, and documents the "--disable-integer-datetimes" configure
option as a means to get the previous default behavior.

Barring any objections, I'll apply this to HEAD tomorrow.

-Neil

Attachment Content-Type Size
integer_datetime_default-2.patch text/x-patch 12.5 KB

On May 5, 2007, at 22:28 , Neil Conway wrote:

> Attached is a patch that enables integer datetimes by default, per
> recent discussion on -hackers. It makes "--enable-integer-
> datetimes" the
> default, and documents the "--disable-integer-datetimes" configure
> option as a means to get the previous default behavior.

Would it make more sense to have phrase it in the positive sense?
i.e., --enable-floating-point-datetimes? I guess that's a bit longer,
but it says what you're doing, rather than what you're *not* doing.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net