Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel

Lists: pgsql-general
From: erick(dot)papa(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel
Date: 2007-01-23 13:12:21
Lists: pgsql-general

There are a couple of PostgreSQL tutorials around the web. I have
followed them. Downloaded the *.rpm files and installed them. Then gone
into my WHM (https://myserver:2087) and enabled the config, and set up
the postgres user with an "su" command "adduser postgres".

Now what?

1. Where's the interactive shell?

2. How do I start the service? How should I set it up to restart
automatically if (a) the service fails (b) machine reboots?

3. How can I start creating a database, creating users, testing things
out?

I looked at the Documentation
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/config-setting.html)
and could not find one intuitive instruction to actually get cracking
with PostgreSQL without getting all configgy.

I'd appreciate some pointers.

Thanks!

There are a couple of PostgreSQL tutorials around the web to make it
work with WHM.

I have followed them. Downloaded the *.rpm files and installed them.
Then gone
into my WHM (https://myserver:2087) and enabled the config, and set up
the postgres user with an "su" command "adduser postgres".

Now what?

1. Where's the interactive shell? How can I start creating a database,