Re: create tables and prepared statements with params

Lists: pgsql-jdbc
From: Enrique Rodríguez Lasterra <lasterra(at)javahispano(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create tables and prepared statements with params
Date: 2006-09-13 17:10:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

get an error when i create a table using preparedstatement with some
parameters "?".

Is this a non standard function?

With JDBC 7.4 it runs prefectly but with 8.x no. With 8.x if i don't
use params the table is created without errors

Here is all the info.

Regards, Enrique

Code

package test;

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.PreparedStatement;

/**
* DB
*
* @version 1.0
* @since 13-sep-2006
*/
public class DB {
Connection connection = null;
try {
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
connection =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc[tongue]ostgresql://192.168.4.221/canyamo-test",
"canyamo-test", "canyamo-test");
PreparedStatement stmt =
connection.prepareStatement("create table orders ( id integer not
null, client character varying(15) default ? not null)");
stmt.setObject(1, "without-name");

stmt.executeUpdate();//stmt.execute();
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
}

Exception

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: there is no parameter $1
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1527)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults
(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1311)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:190)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:452)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:354)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:308)
at test.DB.main(DB.java:23)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)

Versions
JDBC: 8.1.404
Database: 8.1.4

--