Re: Upgrade Postgres 8.1.2 to 8.1.4

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Zlatko Matić <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Upgrade Postgres 8.1.2 to 8.1.4
Date: 2006-09-05 04:54:01
Lists: pgsql-general

In Windows XP Pro (SP2) I tried to upgrade PostgreSQL server from 8.1.2 to
8.1.4., by using upgrade.bat.
Everything goes nice until end of installation when the following error
apears: "Service 'PostgreSQL Database Server 8.1' (pgsql-8.1) could not be
installed. Verify that you have sufficient priviliges to install system
services" .
I am logged as administrator, Windows XP Pro SP2.
What should I do?

Zlatko

Should I be logged to Windows as regular user (administrator) or as "postgres" service account?

Thanks.

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 12:20, Zlatko Matić wrote:
> Does anybody has a clue?
> Somebody experienced similar problem?
> Should I be logged to Windows as regular user (administrator) or as
> "postgres" service account?
>
> Thanks.

Is PostgreSQL the ONLY thing that got changed? It sounds like you
simply don't have administrative privileges on this system.

You should be logged in as an administrator...