Re: CVS configure failure

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: CVS configure failure
Date: 2004-09-21 06:17:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I get this failure on current CVS running configure --with-python:

checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
checking for Python distutils module... no
configure: error: distutils module not found
gmake: *** [config.status] Error 1

I have python 1.5(1.5.2?).

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

> I get this failure on current CVS running configure --with-python:
>
> checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
> checking for Python distutils module... no
> configure: error: distutils module not found
> gmake: *** [config.status] Error 1

What part of the error message is giving you trouble? :)

--
Peter Eisentraut

> I get this failure on current CVS running configure --with-python:
>
> checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
> checking for Python distutils module... no
> configure: error: distutils module not found
> gmake: *** [config.status] Error 1
>
> I have python 1.5(1.5.2?).

This is the check that I suggest to add recently :-(
See the thread "x86_64 configure problem" on hackers

You need to install the distutils, and how I wrote in that thread, it's
not clear that that module is installed by default when you install
python.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

> I get this failure on current CVS running configure --with-python:
>
> checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
> checking for Python distutils module... no
> configure: error: distutils module not found
> gmake: *** [config.status] Error 1
>
> I have python 1.5(1.5.2?).

This is the check that I suggest to add recently :-(
See the thread "x86_64 configure problem" on hackers

You need to install the distutils, and how I wrote in that thread, it's
not clear that that module is installed by default when you install
python.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

> > I get this failure on current CVS running configure --with-python:
> >
> > checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
> > checking for Python distutils module... no
> > configure: error: distutils module not found
> > gmake: *** [config.status] Error 1
> >
> > I have python 1.5(1.5.2?).
>
> This is the check that I suggest to add recently :-(
> See the thread "x86_64 configure problem" on hackers
>
> You need to install the distutils, and how I wrote in that thread, it's
> not clear that that module is installed by default when you install
> python.

So distutils is now required to build python? If that is intended, I
will just skip building python. I didn't realize we had new
requirements for python, but that is fine.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us