Re: datatypes: text vs varchar

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: Ruslan A Dautkhanov <rusland(at)scn(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: datatypes: text vs varchar
Date: 2002-12-08 13:28:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

Can anybody tell us - how much 'text' datatype harder for
database vs 'varchar(xx)' datatype? How much queries, which
use this types differ in performance? We use only 'text'
fields. Is 'varchar' (without specifying width) synonym
for 'text', or not? Thanks.

---
best regards,
Ruslan A Dautkhanov rusland(at)scn(dot)ru