pgAdmin on Mac OS X

Lists: pgadmin-hackers
From: Adam H(dot)Pendleton <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin on Mac OS X
Date: 2004-12-06 14:28:13
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

pgAdmin3 on Mac can be built by following these instructions:

1. CVS Checkout wxWindows
2. cd wxWindows
3. mkdir macbuild; cd macbuild
4. ../configure --prefix=/path/to/wx2 --with-mac --enable-unicode
--disable-shared --enable-debug
5. make ; make instal
6. cd contrib/src/stc
7. make ; make install
8. CVS checkout pgAdmin3
9. cd pgadmin3
10. sh bootstrap
11. ./configure --disable-shared --enable-debug
12. make
13. cd src
14. cd ..; make install
15. /Developer/Tools/Rez -d __DARWIN__ -t APPL -d __WXMAC__ -i . -i
include/ -o /usr/local/pgadmin3/bin/pgadmin3 Carbon.r
/path/to/wx2/lib/libwx_macud-2.5.3.r
16. /usr/local/pgadmin3/bin/pgadmin3

The program isn't really usable yet, but I'll be working to create some
patches to fix that. Also, I hope to automate step 15, but it will
take some time. That's all for now.

ahp