Re: pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe

Lists: pgsql-novice
From: "Chad Thompson" <chad(at)weblinkservices(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
Date: 2003-02-24 18:28:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

I just upgraded from 7.2 to 7.3.1. I have a cron job that runs each night, doing vaccum and analyze, and it was running just fine untill the upgrade.
I can run these commands just fine from the command line as both the root and postgres users, but in my cron job it spits out the error "pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe".

What could I be doing wrong?
Thanks
Chad

Here are the commands
0 23 * * * psql mydb -U postgres -c "vacuum full;"
0 0 * * * psql mydb -U postgres -c "analyse;"

> I just upgraded from 7.2 to 7.3.1. I have a cron job that runs each night,
> doing vaccum and analyze, and it was running just fine untill the upgrade.
> I can run these commands just fine from the command line as both the root
> and postgres users, but in my cron job it spits out the error "pq_flush:
> send() failed: Broken pipe".
>
> What could I be doing wrong?

I've seen that error before on my system, and it was because another system
task was interrupting postgresql. Are you sure you didn't change anything
else on the machine?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions