libpq enabled psqlodbc

Lists: pgsql-odbc
From: "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq enabled psqlodbc
Date: 2005-06-30 05:01:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc

We made quite some progress with libpq enabled version of psqlodbc.
Here are the four phases of this:

Phase 1 Connecting to the database through libpq library
Phase 2 Mapping the Socket ResultSet class with libpq class
Phase 3 Using the libpq mapped classes in all the related areas
Phase 4 Retrieving ResultSet and displaying it to the end user

We have completed the first three phases and currently working on the
fourth one. But lot more work needs to be done as the affected code
spans almost the entire odbc code, which needs a thorough checking. I
expect the patch to be submitted in next week.

Regards

Anoop

On Jun 30, 2005, at 1:01 AM, Anoop Kumar wrote:

> We have completed the first three phases and currently working on the
> fourth one. But lot more work needs to be done as the affected code
> spans almost the entire odbc code, which needs a thorough checking. I
> expect the patch to be submitted in next week.

Anoop, that's great news!

Will this patch enable any of the new protocol features, such as
sqlstate error codes from the backend, rollback to savepoint, and real
prepared statements?

I look forward to this update!

-Jonathan

> We made quite some progress with libpq enabled version of psqlodbc.
>
> Here are the four phases of this:
>

> Phase 1 Connecting to the database through libpq library
>
> Phase 2 Mapping the Socket ResultSet class with libpq class
>
> Phase 3 Using the libpq mapped classes in all the related areas
>
> Phase 4 Retrieving ResultSet and displaying it to the end user
>

> We have completed the first three phases and currently working on the
> fourth one. But lot more work needs to be done as the affected code
> spans almost the entire odbc code, which needs a thorough checking. I
> expect the patch to be submitted in next week.
>

> Regards
>

> Anoop

Thanks for the great news! May I have some questions, though?
Do your changes make the problems I reported in the past few weeks
go away?

- Complex queries (with OUTER JOIN or subqueries) fetch only
0 or 1 rows, the following SQLFetch(hStmt) returns error.
- SQLCancel does not work

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi