Older version of PGSQL help

Lists: pgsql-general
From: "Ed Burgstaler" <edb(at)wilson(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Older version of PGSQL help
Date: 2007-12-03 21:20:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Would anyone be able to direct me as to whether or not there is a pgadmin
for windows utility available that will work for a PostgreSQL v7.0.3
database? I had installed the latest Pgadmin version 1.8 but it needs a
minimum of PostgreSQL v7.3 to work so I don't know what to do now. Would one
of the older versions work?

I'm not very database literate so unless an upgrade of the PostgreSQL
database was idiot proof I guess I'm screwed.
I am administering a network for a company that had their IT guy quit and it
happens to be a newspaper subscriber database that is heavily used and
relied upon. Unfortunately, the hardware that the server runs on is very old
and I'm afraid that it will crash any day which would leave them screwed so
I'm trying to figure out how I could get this over to a new Linux server.
The current Linux version that it is running on is Red Hat Linux release 6.2
(Zoot) Kernel 2.2.18 on a 2-processor i686 and I would like to get it
switched over to an recent distro like CentOS4.5 or 5.

Thanks in advance for any light that you may be able to shed on this for me.

Ed