Re: Stuff running slooow

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Cc: <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Stuff running slooow
Date: 2005-08-25 20:26:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Usually that, or av.hub.org which does the centralised anti virus/anti
spam (iirc).

Regards, Dave.

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net, scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2005-08-25 20:46:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 09:26:25PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > So I take it the bottleneck is the box running the mailing list?
>
> Usually that, or av.hub.org which does the centralised anti virus/anti
> spam (iirc).

Does it scan every single incomming email? It might make more sense to
have the mailing list software first validate that the email is from a
valid subscriber.

What exactly runs on svr1, since that's where the bottleneck was
yesterday?
Pervasive Software http://pervasive.com 512-569-9461