No source files from which to build Postgis extension

Lists: pgsql-cygwin
From: "Andrew Bailey" <andy(at)planetnomad(dot)com>
Subject: No source files from which to build Postgis extension
Date: 2003-04-05 12:12:33
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi there,
I've used the windows installation of postgresql 7.3.1. Found here: http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/InstallingOnWindows.

I wish to add the postgis extension to postgresql. Install instructions below. The problem is that i don't have the source files from which to make postGIS. So i think i've got two choices;
1. remove windows install and build postgresql and postgis the manual way (though i am a newbie and have run into difficulties this way with administrator passwords)
2. keep the windows install, make postgresql in a temporary area, build postgis and configure it to work with the windows install: "./configure --enable-multibyte --with-CXX --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-$version"

It's my first posting to the pgsql-cygwin mailing list, so I just want to say hello. My reason for getting into postgresql is to run postgis as a spatial database for an internet map server using Mapserver on winXP.

Regards,
Andrew Bailey

Here's the PostGIS desired install;