Create Procedure syntax

Lists: pgsql-admin
From: "Sivagami (dot)" <sivagami(at)worlddata(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Create Procedure syntax
Date: 2000-10-26 15:30:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I have 3 simple questions:

1. What is the exact syntax to create a procedure?

2. How can I print something to my screen ,e..g, the value of a variable in a stored procedure.
Something similar to DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE in Oracle??

3. Also, is there any dynamic discussion forum for PGSQL, where I post a query, and anyone can reply me back and I can see the reply immediately in the forum.

Thanks to anyone who can guide me in the right direction.
Shiva.