Re: Signal 11

Lists: pgsql-admin
From: "Eric L(dot) Blevins" <eblevins(at)insight(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Signal 11
Date: 2002-10-31 06:15:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm fairly new to postgres, we are using postgresql-7.2.3 on Linux Red-Hat
8.0

I am having a problem with the shared buffers setting.
Whenever I set the shared buffers above 96 I start getting Segmentation
Faults
when performing queries.

However, if I leave the shared buffers set to 96 or lower the system
performs flawless.

I can start up postgres with up to 128Mb of shared buffers with no problems.
It just erratically faults.

Got any ideas?

Thanks!
Eric L. Blevins