Re: Fw: For the start

Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
From: "Darko Prenosil" <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fw: For the start
Date: 2003-09-05 21:53:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darko Prenosil" <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] For the start

WIN32_DEV
> branch before going further.
>
> Regards !

Now when I'm reading this mail again, I think You misunderstood what I'm
trying to do.
I am not compiling libpq, but postgresql server.
I would like to first get a clean compile (which I already succeed with some
older version of CVS head)
, and after that play a bit with signal implementation that Bruce suggested
for postgresql win32 port.
I'm afraid that I can't directly apply Your patches to WIN32_DEV branch
because it is actually based on cvs head
from "date: 2003/08/08 17:17:17" (according to Marc's mail).
I'm not that familiar with diff/patch, so this question might sound
stupid: is there any easy way to make those patches against WIN32_DEV branch
?
Anyway those WIN32 ifdefs must go into WIN32_DEV branch.

Regards !

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Darko Prenosil <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fw: For the start
Date: 2003-09-06 01:31:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Darko Prenosil wrote:

> I'm not that familiar with diff/patch, so this question might sound
> stupid: is there any easy way to make those patches against WIN32_DEV branch
> ?
> Anyway those WIN32 ifdefs must go into WIN32_DEV branch.

Can someone send me the patches that are being refer'd to, and I'll look
at getting them into WIN32_DEV ...

From: "Darko Prenosil" <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2003-09-06 07:59:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Darko Prenosil wrote:
>
> > I'm not that familiar with diff/patch, so this question might sound
> > stupid: is there any easy way to make those patches against WIN32_DEV
branch
> > ?
> > Anyway those WIN32 ifdefs must go into WIN32_DEV branch.
>
> Can someone send me the patches that are being refer'd to, and I'll look
> at getting them into WIN32_DEV ...

Andreas, Can You do that, or should I find those patches in the archives ? I
am not shore if those patches are touching anithing else except libpq
threading/ssl. If You do not have time to spend on it, I'll try to extract
those critical changes for WIN32_DEV branch.

Regards !

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Darko Prenosil <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2003-09-06 09:23:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Darko Prenosil wrote:

>Andreas, Can You do that, or should I find those patches in the archives ? I
>am not shore if those patches are touching anithing else except libpq
>threading/ssl. If You do not have time to spend on it, I'll try to extract
>those critical changes for WIN32_DEV branch.

Hi Darko,

I don't have WIN32_DEV on my system, and probably won't have in the next
weeks. My patches are only for libpq, and won't interfere with the
backend. Attached the patch that finally got applied.

Regards,
Andreas

Attachment Content-Type Size
libpq-win32-ssl.patch text/plain 9.3 KB

From: "Darko Prenosil" <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2003-09-06 10:12:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 11:23 AM

> Darko Prenosil wrote:
>
> >Andreas, Can You do that, or should I find those patches in the archives
? I
> >am not shore if those patches are touching anithing else except libpq
> >threading/ssl. If You do not have time to spend on it, I'll try to
extract
> >those critical changes for WIN32_DEV branch.
> >
> Hi Darko,
>
> I don't have WIN32_DEV on my system, and probably won't have in the next
> weeks. My patches are only for libpq, and won't interfere with the
> backend. Attached the patch that finally got applied.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Ooops ! This is not the patch that changed port.h or thread.c, but it is
also fixing "pqGetpwuid" problem in other file (fe-secure).
Looks like I need this patch too.
I just looked at the current CVS and I see that that port.h change applied
before only 16 hours.
I see that it is applied only on CVS head, not WIN32_DEV.

Regards !