Re: String aggregate function

Lists: pgsql-sql
From: "Susan Hoddinott" <susan(at)hexworx(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Create function statement with insert statement
Date: 2003-03-12 09:03:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

I am trying to create a database trigger which inserts into a second table. I have created the following function in accordance with the reference manual documentation (7.2).

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION orderinsert(INTEGER, VARCHAR) RETURNS INTEGER AS '

INSERT INTO HEXORDERS ( CUSTOMER_ID, ORDER_KEY, DISTRIBUTOR_ID, ORDER_AMOUNT, ORDER_GST ) VALUES ( $1, $2, 1, 0, 0 ) ;

SELECT 1 ;

' LANGUAGE SQL ;

It fails with the cryptic error "parse error at or near ;". Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this syntax?

Regards

Attachment Content-Type Size
Susan Hoddinott.vcf application/octet-stream 171 bytes