delphi access question?

Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-odbcpgsql-sql
From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: delphi access question?
Date: 2005-03-30 20:15:31
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-odbc pgsql-sql

One of my applications is in Delphi 5.
I just went to change it over to Postgres (from MSSQL).
I am using odbc and something a bit odd is happening.
I can run a sql statement ok, even in sql builder I see all the fields.
But the returned result set appears to be missing some of the fields.
So my table is
CREATE TABLE tbltranslations
(
transnumber int4 NOT NULL,
clientnum char(4) NOT NULL,
lastran timestamp,
lastupdated timestamp,
firstrowhasheading char(1),
fixed_delimited char(1),
tblname varchar(50),
delimeter char(1),
textqualifier char(1),
active bool,
direction char(1),
client_filename varchar(250),
ftp_account int4,
fixedlenghthascomma char(1),
ftp_path varchar(250),
ftp_filename varchar(50),
fieldname_forid_on_insert varchar(50)
)
but only fields
transnumber
lastran
lastupdated
active
and ftp_account
show up as fields I can add to the result.
Any ideas?

Joel Fradkin