Re: reporting tools

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Geoffrey <lists(at)serioustechnology(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reporting tools
Date: 2007-08-22 23:25:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On 8/22/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> Geoffrey wrote:
> > We are looking for a reporting tool that will enable users to generate
> > their own reports. Something like Crystal Reports.
> >
> > Anyone using something like this with Postgresql?
> >

> Why not Crystal Reports?

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of CR, but it's worked with PostgreSQL
for quite some time now. We had it hitting a pg7.2 db back in the
day, when hip kids road around in rag top roadsters and wore tshirts
with cigarettes rolled in their sleeves.

Also, look at Pentaho. It's open source and pretty good.