Creating a date/time search function in Postgres.

From: "Sean O'Loughlin" <seanuww(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Creating a date/time search function in Postgres.
Date: 2006-09-01 16:34:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I have a question about how a certain function would look. Basically, what I
want to do is having something that would take in a 'from' date (day, month,
year) and a 'to' date (also day, month and year) and then spit back a series
of records whose timestamps fall between those two dates. How would a basic
function like that look like? Would I need to have separate integers for the
day month and year, or is there a date/time object I could use instead? I am
somewhat new to Postgres, but not SQL altogether.

Thanks in advance.