Re: Connection string

From: "Harpreet Dhaliwal" <harpreet(dot)dhaliwal01(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Richard Broersma Jr" <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "Michael Fuhr" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, "Michael Meskes" <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection string
Date: 2006-08-13 22:41:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Richard,
I'm attaching pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf files as you had asked for.
Don't know if I've missed anything in these two configuration files that
would not let
my client machine to connect to the DB computer.

Also, what exactly do u want me to install on the client computer? A full
fledged installation of postgres or what?

Thanks and regards,
~Harpreet

On 8/13/06, Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> > Postgres is not installed in the client computer.
> > When i try to connect to the postgres db from the computer in which
> postgres
> > is installed, it goes through. No hassles in that.
> > Problem comes up when I'm trying to connect to the same database from a
> > different computer in which no postgres is installed.
>
> If you try installing a seperate installation of pgadmin 3 on the client
> computer to test remote
> with your postgresql server could help you determine where your problem
> is.
>
> Also, it sounds like you might still have problems in your pg_hba.conf, or
> postgresql.conf files.
>
> I can't remember if you've already posted them but maybe it would hurt to
> post them again.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Broersma Jr.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_hba.conf application/octet-stream 3.3 KB
postgresql.conf application/octet-stream 13.4 KB