Re: pg_xlog on separate drive

From: "Travis Whitton" <tinymountain(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Markus Schaber" <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_xlog on separate drive
Date: 2006-12-04 14:04:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I may be ok in my case though because
I'll be importing data as a single daily batch from raw data. I'll be taking
nightly backups, and in the event of a crash, I can simply restore from a
recent backup and then reimport the raw data. I can now see why losing
pg_xlog would be a big problem if I were inserting and updating data
continuously throughout the day though.

Thanks,
Travis