Re: Postgres Benchmark Results

From: "Andreas Kostyrka" <andreas(at)kostyrka(dot)org>
To: PFC <lists(at)peufeu(dot)com>
Cc: "Arjen van der Meijden" <acmmailing(at)tweakers(dot)net>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Benchmark Results
Date: 2007-05-20 18:48:54
Lists: pgsql-performance

> I'm writing a full report, but I'm having a
> lot of problems with MySQL,
> I'd like to give it a fair chance, but it shows
> real obstination in NOT
> working.

Well that matches up well with my experience, better even yet, file a performance bug to the commercial support and you'll get an explanation why your schema (or your hardware, well anything but the database software used) is the guilty factor.

but you know these IT manager journals consider mysql as the relevant opensource database. Guess it matches better with their expection than PG or say MaxDB (the artist known formerly as Sap DB).

Andreas

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq