Sr. PostgreSQL DBA - Denver, CO

From: Lori Joy <lori(at)32-solutions(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: note(dot)LJoy(dot)Solutions32(at)sendoutsmail(dot)com
Subject: Sr. PostgreSQL DBA - Denver, CO
Date: 2014-02-04 21:11:51
Lists: pgsql-jobs

*Our client is growing and adding a Sr Postgres DBA to their team. Our
client utilizes cutting-edge technologies and you will be given the
opportunity to express creativity in designing and building innovative
solutions. They foster a culture and environment that is fun, yet
productive. If you are looking for a career that is fast-paced,
challenging, and offers abundant opportunity and growth potential, then
this is your gig! Our Client is a fantastic organization with great
benefits that are 100% employer paid for both you and any children on the
plan. *

*This is a direct hire, full-time position working with a Global leader in
the eCommerce industry. *

*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*

- Design, build, maintain and administer RDBMS and NoSQL databases to
support multiple applications with large data sets
- Optimize performance of data heavy applications through index
management and query tuning
- Assist in the development of software and tools that use effective
schema to improve analyst and customer workflows
- Assist with the integration of new and existing data sources, systems,
and technologies into a cohesive system
- Skills to help drive consistent data modeling/architecture across
multiple teams.
- Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and
concisely.

*Required Technical Skills*

- An expert in supporting traditional RDBMS (PostgreSQL and MySQL)
- Strong experience and understanding in designing and maintaining
replication strategies for Postgres databases.
- Experience in design and implementation of schemas for data
warehousing (star, snowflake....)
- Significant experience in automation of administrative tasks such as
maintenance, monitoring and data backups
- Must be able to optimize queries and tune them according to match
performance expectations.
- Strong understanding of non-traditional data stores such as NoSQL
databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Hadoop)
- Strong understanding of Linux/*BSD operating systems and command line
tools
- Must have experience in managing large systems - from multi-terabyte
to petabyte scale.

*Additional Skills that Will Distinguish Candidates*

- Prior and/or recent experience with Oracle
- Experience with Cassandra/Astyanax
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet
- Experience with CVS, SVN and Git
- Experience with Java/Java-related programming languages; we're a Java
open stack environment.
- Background in systems administration for Unix based environments
- Strong Unix skills - command line, better understanding of unix
toolset and administration.
- Understanding of data warehouse modeling concepts.

*Education/Experience*

- BS or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related technical
discipline
- 5+ years' experience in hands-on technical work

*If you are interested in a company where your contribution is valued and
where work/life balance is a daily practice, let me know and we can set up
a time to chat. This is a full-time direct hire position in Broomfield with
a competitive salary, solid employee benefits, a year-end bonus and an
employee equity sharing plan.*

Send your resume to lori(at)32-solutions(dot)com for immediate consideration