Re: Linux distro

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux distro
Date: 2007-08-02 18:44:15
Lists: pgsql-general

On 8/3/07, Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com> wrote:
> > I'm curious: which aspect of hardware administration
> > on a Linux box would require X (to be running)? If I *really*
> It's not that it can't be done, it's that having a window environment can
> make things easier. (I find 24x80 pretty cramped, and I like large
> scrollback buffers.)
So I make my xterm on my workstation be 134x80, with a
line buffer of 8000 and then ssh into the server :}

> But like most computer efficiency questions, this whole thread tangent
> boils down to how much overhead you want your computer to dedicate to
> making your life easier at the expense of whatever else it was supposed to
> be doing.
True that. Same for how many potential vulnerabilities
I'm willing to introduce for the sake of convenience. Not
that I'd find it convenient to drive the 40Km to the data-
centre to get physical access to the servers, mind you.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :} Make your quotes concise.