Re: add modulo (%) operator to pgbench

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: add modulo (%) operator to pgbench
Date: 2014-08-06 19:22:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Maybe we ought to break down and support a real expression syntax.
> Sounds like that would be better all around.

Adding operators is more or less orthogonal with providing a new
expression syntax. I'm not sure that there is currently a crying need for
it (a syntax). It would be a significant project. It would raise the
question "where to stop"... And I just really need a few more
functions/operators which can be fitted in the current implementation
quite easily.

--
Fabien.