Re: pgbench progress report improvements - split 3 v2 - A

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: pgbench progress report improvements - split 3 v2 - A
Date: 2013-10-06 15:04:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Noah,

> Patch (1): Change the default from --progress=0 to --progress=5
> Rejected

Yep. Too bad, esp as the default is meaningless and does not scale.

> Patch (2): Make --initialize mode respect --progress.
> Rejected

I missed this one...

This is just about having the same option (--progress) to set the progress
report delay both under benchmarking and initialization. I do not
understand where and why it would be rejected, especially as it does not
imply to change the current default behavior.

> Patch (5): Take thread start time at the beginning of the thread.
> Returned with Feedback

Hmmm. I fought back on the feedback:-) I thought my arguments where good
enough to consider an accept.

--
Fabien.